2020 Main is Committed to Energy Savings and Continues to Pursue all Opportunities to Reduce Operating Expenses
LEED Certified Office Building
- 2020 Main has been honored with the LEED GOLD Designation in 2015 and the LEED SILVER Designation in 2010 by the U.S. Green Building Council. For more information about the LEED rating system, visit the US Green Building Council at usgbc.org.
BOMA 360 Designation
- 2020 Main has been honored with the BOMA 360 designation in 2012, 2015 and 2018 by the Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA)
- 2020 Main is an ENERGY STAR certified office building since 2006
The Outstanding Building of the Year Award
- 2020 Main have been honored with The Outstanding Building of the Year ("TOBY") Award in 2006 by the Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA)
- Since 2010, 2020 Main has participated in the Southern California Edison (SCE) Demand Bidding days in the summer months occurring between the hours of 12pm – 8pm. The building’s automation system will shut off automatically via the energy management system (EMS) the electric water heaters, non-essential corridor and entry lighting, and reduce air handler unit (AHU) fan speed by 10%. The building engineer will manually shut down three elevators.
- 2020 Main’s EMS system was upgraded with AXCESS Enterprise Energy Management “Online Fault Detection & Diagnostics” Service program in 2012. The system continually monitors the building systems and identifies/alerts the building engineer of areas of inefficiency, operational building issues and energy waste.
- A VAV Global Heat Lockout Control point was installed on the EMS system which allows the building engineer to adjust the temperature set point based on the outdoor temperature thus reducing energy cost.
High Efficiency Plumbing Fixtures
- 05 gallon per minute (gpm) aerators installed in all building restroom faucets
- .05 gallon per flush (gpf) urinals
- 1.5 gallon per minute (gpm) showerheads
- 1.6 gallon per minute (gpm) toilets
- Reclaimed water is used in all urinals and toilets in the building to eliminate the need for clean drinking water to be flushed down the drain
High Efficiency Lighting
- Since 2014, LED lights have been installed throughout the main building lobby including the restrooms as well as the 2nd floor, 8th, floor and 11th floor corridors and restrooms.
- In December 2012, all the existing lighting excluding the offices (which currently have daylighting harvesting ballasts) was replaced with T8 Lamps.
In 2011, LED lights were installed in the elevator cabs and in the first floor lobby.
- In 2009, Daylight Harvesting Ballasts were installed in all perimeter offices and work areas 15 feet from the window line and dim according to the natural sunlight generated.
- From 2009-2011, motion sensors were installed in the stairwells, common area corridors, mechanical, electrical and phone rooms.
Irrigation / Landscape
- Landscape irrigation uses reclaimed water
- A combination of low-flow sprinklers and drip irrigation systems have been installed to ensure water is absorbed efficiently
- 2020 Main diverts almost 55% of trash from landfills annually
- Universal waste (items such as fluorescent lamps, batteries and lighting ballasts)
- “E”-cycle programs at building pick up and dispose of electronic or “e” waste
- Tenant Improvement materials are recycled during construction
2013 Environmental Statistics
- -170.33 – Carbon Footprint Reduction
- 263 – Total Number of Trees Saved
- 1,405 – Gallons of Gasoline Saved
- 143 – Cubic yards of landfill space saved
- 108,360 - gallons of water saved
- 61,920 – Kilowatts of Energy Saved
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Recycled paper is standard in all restrooms
- All chemicals are “Green Seal ™ – GS 37” certified
- Vacuum cleaners meet the Carpet & Rug institute “Green Label” test which means they have been tested and certified by an independent laboratory and have met stringent criteria for low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions
- Paints, carpets and adhesives with low VOCs are used in office buildings Indoor Environmental Quality – Ecofriendly products are used by all divisions, including recycled paper in restrooms and biodegradable cleaning supplies